Amy Kant is a writer, designer and artist based in Milwaukee, Wis. She works full-time as a digital communications professional and takes a limited number of freelance clients each year. She worked in mass media field for nearly eight years, specializing in online media, before moving to the public sector.
Amy graduated with honors from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee with a Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Journalism and Mass Communication. It was at UWM where she first took an interest in online media. Amy loves learning about online media, social networks and ever-changing web standards.
Amy does freelance web and graphic design for a variety of clients both in the Milwaukee area and across the world. She specializes in creating unique, easy-to-use WordPress-based websites for small businesses, artists and photographers.
She is the Chapter Advisor for the Beta Epsilon chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta at Carroll University and is active in the Wisconsin Southeast (WISE) Alumnae Chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta.
In her free time, Amy enjoys exploring the Bay View neighborhood, drinking craft beer and spending time with her family and her fur-kids, Beep and Taco. She also enjoys playing board games, traveling, cooking, painting and not taking life too seriously.
- 2014 Friend of WSPRA for work on updating the WSPRA Social Media Guide
- 2013 WSPRA Award of Excellence, Start at MPS. Stay at MPS. Succeed at MPS. (Team Award)
- 2013 WSPRA Award of Merit, MPS School Selections Website (Team Award)
- 2012 WSPRA Award of Excellence, MPS Mobile Website
- 2012 WSPRA Award of Merit, MPS “The Power of One” marketing campaign (Team Award)
- 2012 WSPRA Award of Merit, MPS Superintendent Website
- 2012 Wearer of the Arc, Alpha Gamma Delta
- 2012 Carroll University Greek Life: Outstanding Advisor, Alpha Gamma Delta
- 2010 Outstanding Alumna, Beta Epsilon Chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta
- 2010 WBA Award for Website/Best Use of Contributions: “Washed Out” – Flooding of July 2010
- 2010 WBA – Best Website Focused on Journalism (2nd Place – TIE)
- 2010 WBA – Best Online Election Coverage (2nd Place)
- 2010 WBA – Best Use of Social Media (3rd Place – TIE)
- 2009 Milwaukee Press Club Award for Best Investigative Report or Series: Drug Doctors (Producer)
- 2008 Chicago/Midwest Emmy Nomination: Dating, Lies and Videotape (Producer)
- 2006 UW-Milwaukee Senior Graduation Honors